Saturday, September 5, 2015

What is a Friend?

What is a friend? Better yet, what is a real friend? What qualities should a real friend possess?

Just out of curiosity I looked up the meaning of the word friend today. I read quite a few meanings, and  I don't think I came across two definitions that were the same. Most of the definitions stated something about being able to have fun and hangout with a person.  But we all know that there is much more to a friend than just being able to hangout and have fun.

Everyone has their own meaning of what a friend is.  It's taken me a while, but I think I've got a good sense of what a real friend is to me. My definition of a real friend is pretty simple.

A real friend is someone who excepts you for who you are. He or she is someone you can talk to about anything. A real friend is someone you can tell your mistakes and they be free of judgment. 

They are going to tell you the truth even if it may hurts you. A real friend is someone that knows when you are hurting even when no one else does.  They will always be there for you no matter what. A real friend knows you and like you just because you're you.

How do you define a real friend? Do you have anyone you can call your real friend? Do you consider yourself a real friend?






1 comment:

  1. I believe you are right with your definition of a real friend. Many of us have friends and most of us have real friends its just the number of real friends may be a lot lower which is understandable. There are only so many people who can know you like that. I have a few guys that we grew up playing ball together since we were about 5 years old we tell and know just about everything about one another and i feel like I could call them real friends.

    ReplyDelete