Saturday, September 12, 2015

Peer Evaluating

Like I have stated in a previous post, I don't really consider myself a good writer. I still struggle with writing sometimes. Since I don't consider myself as a good writer, I never felt I had any authority to evaluate anyone else's paper.

When Mr Hamon told us we had to evaluate another groups paper I was kind of hesitant. Like I said, I'm not that good of a writer so I didn't feel comfortable evaluating another paper. Also, I didn't want anyone to read my group's paper either. I was very afraid I wasn't going to know what I was talking about when making comments. I was also afraid that that the group evaluating my group's paper was going to have a lot to say about it. 

When we began evaluating, I was a little nervous. I simply read the essay and made a few comments that I thought were necessary. When I went to check on my group's paper, I thought there was going to be red flags everywhere. 

We had a few mistakes but it wasn't anything that couldn't easily be fixed. I was honestly more attentive to my portion of the essay. I wanted to see what I had done wrong and needed to be fixed. 

To my surprise,  I didn't have too many errors in my paragraph. I was very shocked but more relieved that I had wrote something that was okay, besides a few spelling errors and the use of contractions. 

In the end, I was pretty happy I got the chance to evaluate another group'spaper. I was kind of nervous that the people in the other group were going to say something like " you don't know what you're talking about," but that didn't happen. I think the group even took what I had to say into consideration. I know that doing things like this is only going to help me become a better writer, which is the outcome I want to have at the end of the semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment