I can be pretty indecisive at times. I changed what I wanted to be four times while I was in high school, and all four of those times was when I was in the 9th grade. I went from wanting to do acrobatics in the circus, to wanting to be a wedding planner, to wanting to be a dental surgeon. Then I got to the point to where I didn't know what I wanted to do. I was undecided, until I got to the 11th grade.
When I got my class schedules for junior year, I noticed I had a class called Marketing Co-op. I didn't know what this class was. I didn't know who taught the class and I was ready to change that class before I got in it and before I got to see what it was all about.
When I got in the class and I saw who the teacher was, I knew at that moment I had to change my class.( I will have to share a story about this teacher in another post.) The teacher started introducing himself and started talking to the class, and to be honest everything he was saying went in one ear and out the other for me. I just did not want to be in this class. But, in the midst of his speech he said something that caught my attention. He told us that we would be the class operating the school store.
When he told us this it was bitter sweet for me. I was super excited that I would be one of the students operating the school store. While at the same time, I did not want to be in this teacher's class. I put my personal feeling aside and I decided to stay in the class because I wanted to run the school store.
This class was, by far, my favorite class out of off the elective classes I had taken. Mr. Brown, my teacher, taught us the ins and outs to running a business. He let us do everything and I do mean everything in that store. From merchandising, to managing, he let us do it all.
Mr. Brown even let us watch episodes of Shark Tank and The Apprentice. Those two shows became my two favorite shows. After being in that class for a while, I figured out what I wanted to do.
I want to be a business woman. I want to own my own business. Managing a store in high school really opened my eyes to something new. It sparked a new interest for me. Everything has a business aspect. I want to further my education in business so that I can be the one to handle all the business.
I have a dream of owning my own business one day, I just don't know what that business is going to be yet. But, whatever it is I know that I am going to prosper and and I am looking forward to starting my journey to becoming a successful business woman.
I can digg dat
ReplyDelete